Friday, November 14, 2008

Familiar Faces

We asked Clint Needham (Chamber Symphony) tell us what he was feeling in anticipation of his second engagement with ACO. This is what he had to say!

I first worked with ACO as a participant in the Underwood New Music Readings. Coming to New York to work with the group again is exciting. Flying here, I couldn’t wait to get into the room for the first rehearsal! I’m looking forward to spending time in New York as well. Seeing old friends again and checking out other concerts around town.

This experience with ACO has been very different than the last time because I was commissioned to write a new work for the group. Last time I worked with the ACO, they read a piece I had already completed, but this time around I was writing a new work for a lot of familiar faces. The rehearsal process has been so much fun. These musicians are great and it has been wonderful working with them to bring this piece to life. As the concert draws near I just keep telling myself that my work is done and now it's up to the orchestra!



1 Clint Needham studying his score as the orchestra rehearses

2 Clint Needham and Jeff Milarsky during an early rehearsal